Yerseke is on the 🌎 map as Oyster & Mussel paradise! You can feast on all kinds of delicacies from the sea in countless restaurants / eateries and tastings.
- Take a lovely dip in the Oosterschelde. Yerseke has its own beach! Very child-friendly so that you can let the children play in the water without any worries. You will find the Damse beach at the end of the Damstraat towards Kapelle!
- You can take an excursion along the oyster pits led by a guide. You will find a brochure in our apartment.Here everything is told about the history of the so-called ‘Oyster Pits’.
- Visit the only mussel auction in the world.
Holiday home Yerseke is also recommended for bird watchers!! The Yerseke Moer nature reserve is a paradise for bird watchers. Here you will find a wide variety of geese, the pink godwits, large groups of whimbrels, avocets that nest in the spring, colonies of black-headed gulls, herring gulls and terns. The spoonbills come every year to forage in larger groups in the Yerseke Moer.
- Take a boat trip on the Oosterschelde to see where the breeding grounds for the mussels are, or with a bit of luck you can spot a seal lounging on one of the sandbanks.
- For nice souvenirs and renting a Solex scooter you can go to Zeeuws en Zo! You can find them at the Burgemeester Sinkelaan, walking towards the harbor!
- Yerseke has a chocolatier in ‘house’ in Noordzandstraat where you can buy delicious traditionally made chocolates, delicious ice cream, and also buy all kinds of nice gifts or holiday presents.
- You have to go to the fish eatery ‘Ambachts Heerlijkheid’ in the Noordzandstraat for a portion of kibbeling, a fresh herring sandwich or takeaway menus.
- Go to Bakker Vroonland on Kerkplein for a tasty sandwich. There is also the possibility to order (tel: +31 113-571494) or get your bread in the morning at the artisan bakery Bakery ‘De Gangmaker’ a little further around the corner at Paardenmarkt 12.
- In the center of Yerseke you will find the ‘Oosterschelde Museum’. For current opening times, see the website http://www.oosterscheldemuseum.nl
Mussel Day Yerseke
The annual major event. In 2021 in a modified form. Activities will be organized in a collaboration between Stichting Promotie Yerseke and Stichting Mosselfestival Yerseke. For more information, see the Facebook page of the Yerseke Promotion Foundation. The activities take place on Thursday 5 August, Friday 6 August and Saturday 7 August. In Yerseke you will find a number of restaurants! You are a stone’s throw from, among other things, one of the top restaurants in Yerseke called ‘De Oesterbeurs’, walk a little further and here you will find café restaurant ‘Het Anker’ where you can eat well and has a large outdoor terrace.
While walking towards the harbor you pass Restaurant ‘De Vistro’ where you can also order fantastic fish dishes (reservations are recommended).In the harbor you will also find Fishery ‘De Viskeete’ and restaurant ‘Het Kaaigat’. The latter has a spacious outdoor terrace on both the outside and the inside of the harbor.
Kunstroute Wemeldinge an Kunstroute takes place every year in June. The art route is great fun to take by bike. You’ll stop at a variety of homes, sheds, and gardens to view art. You buy a ticket for this on arrival in Wemeldinge. While cycling, grab a terrace to enjoy a drink and a snack. Thai restaurant Thong Thai. Restaurant Thong Thai is also located in Wemeldinge. ordering by phone is recommended; +31 113 626 454. Address: Princess Julianastraat 30, 4424 AW Wemeldinge
Visit the city of Goes with its picturesque harbor right in the heart of the city. Enjoy a drink on one of the cozy terraces.Goes also has a cinema DaVinci. The cinema is accessible at Da Vinciplein 2, 4462 GX Goes Tel available on +31-113 223 233Berkenhof Tropical Zoo and restaurant, tropicalzoo.nl in Kwadendamme is an attraction and animal park for young and old great fun to visit. A hobby that got out of hand has turned Tropical Zoo into so much more than just a beautiful butterfly garden. Address: Langeweegje 10A, 4434 NE Kwadendamme tel +31-113 649 729
Visit Veere; Admire the beautiful town hall of Veere, take a walk on the city walls, visit the museum in the Scottish Houses, walk along the atmospheric marina, you will find the authentic Hoogaars sailing boats with which sailing trips are made on the Veerse on Wednesdays and Thursdays. more (you can book via +31 118-501744) to Veere by car: It is easily accessible by car. Free parking is available opposite the Sandenburg Care Center on Veerseweg.
Delta Park Neeltje Jans, Faelweg 5, 4354 RB Vrouwenpolder. For information call +31-111 655 655: Read and experience the Delta Works Zeeland! Here you will find everything about the world-famous Delta Works that were created after the flood disaster of 1953. Enter the interior of the Storm Surge Barrier and let these impressions affect you. Visit Aquapolis! Learn and see everything about what is happening in the Oosterschelde and you will take a backpack full of memories ‘home’.
Pirate Park Het Arsenaal , Arsenaalplein 7, 4381BL Vlissingen. For info call +31-118 415400 Take a seat in the Ship Simulator, get to know the fish that live in the North Sea, pet Rays and dive into the world of Piracy!
Domburg & beach
In addition to the lovely beach on the North Sea, Domburg also has cozy and cozy Boutiques and there is a pleasant vibe! Get an ice cream at one of the numerous ice cream parlors in Domburg. Domburg and the surrounding area is a must for cyclists!
Zepeduinen Burgh Haamstede; A beautiful walking route is waiting for you. The so-called ‘red’ walking route takes you through a beautiful dune area where you have a good chance of spotting fallow deer and the stately castle Haamstede, whose first residential tower dates from the 13th century. The walk starts at Slot Haamstede at Ring 2, 4328 AE Burgh-Haamstede.Cinema Cinecity Vlissingen;If you have a less beautiful day to plan an activity outside, a visit to the cinema is a great alternative.
Antwerp shopping;An absolute must is a day of shopping in beautiful and exuberant Antwerp! From Yerseke you are at the Kaaien on the Western Scheldt in just over half an hour by car. Antwerp has beautiful old squares and nice shopping streets with nice boutiques where you will be pleasantly surprised every time you stroll. The MAS Museum aan de Stroom is also worth a visit. The museum is located in a warehouse in the ‘het Eilandje’ district. Each floor brings a new story about the port, Antwerp and the world.
Buy your tickets online in advance in a fixed time block.address: Hanzestedenplaats 1, 2000 Antwerp tel +32 – 3233 3844 00 those for more info; visitantwerpen.be
Antwerp food and drink:There is too much to mention. Check out the site below and find what you like! But 1 tip; Belgian fries! visitantwerpen.be/nl/eten-drinken
Cinema Kinepolis Antwerp:Kinepolis has 24 cinema screens! Kinepolis Antwerp offers a very extensive program of films. Kinepolis is a fully laser projection cinema, which means that the image quality in every room is super sharp. Address: Groenendaallaan 394, 2030 Antwerp. Phone +32 -03 544 36 00
Bruges and Ghent can be reached within an hour’s drive for a pleasant shopping day. The passion is calling! Grab a Belgian beer at one of the many terraces that Ghent and Bruges have to offer, and enjoy the beautiful and atmospheric squares and history of both cities.